Four-time group I winner Al Kazeem will stand for £12,000 (US$18,280) for the 2016 season after proving subfertile when initially retired. The 7-year-old will enter stud at owner/breeder John Deer's Oakgrove Stud.
Flag Day is the top-priced horse, bringing 115,000 guineas ($182,819 in U.S. funds).
Part two of Tattersalls' October Yearling Sale finished with records all around in Newmarket Friday night with the 16.9 million guineas turnover up 31% on 2004, the 26,711 guineas average up 75% and the 18,000 guineas median up 80%.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Quest For More Rallies From Last in Cadran
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23