A decision on the Los Angeles County Fair's plan to move its September race meet from Fairplex Park to Santa Anita Park is expected when the California Horse Racing Board meets June 26 at 10 a.m. at the Los Angeles Crowne Plaza Hotel.
The Oak Tree Racing Association will be the host for the 2003 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Santa Anita Park.
Numbers in most categories were up during the Oak Tree Racing Association meet that concluded Nov. 5 at Santa Anita Park. Total, in-state, and out-of-state handle were up from the corresponding meet in 2000.
The Oak Tree Racing Association meet at Santa Anita Park, which has produced 21 winners of Breeders' Cup events, kicks off Wednesday afternoon with a fund-raising effort for the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Oak Tree will match all donated funds up to $100,000.
The Oak Tree Racing Association at Santa Anita Park has been officially selected as host site for the 2002 Breeders' Cup Championship. The Breeders' Cup board of directors made the announcement after a meeting Friday.
Racing and breeding news and information.
The 32nd Oak Tree Racing Association meeting at Santa Anita ended Monday with an increase in total handle despite a decline in on-track attendance and handle from last season. The meeting's total combined average daily handle of $9,760,972 was up 2.7 percent over 1999 while on-track average daily attendance for the 27-day meeting was 11,170, a decline of 4.1 percent from last year. Average daily on-track handle also declined to $2,352,124 down 1.2 percent from last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges