Members of the California Horse Racing Board made a commitment to decide the highly contentious Northern California 2017 racing dates dispute at its regular October meeting, but the regulatory agency could not reach a resolution Oct. 20.
Despite multiple members expressing frustration with the way the process was handled, the California Horse Racing Board approved a reallocation of dates within the Northern California fair circuit April 21 during a meeting at Golden Gate Fields.
The Oak Tree Racing Association will move from its longtime offices at Santa Anita Park into a wing of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association office sometime in June.
The Oak Tree Racing Association is back in the race business following a 3 1/2-year absence with the approval of its application to conduct the Alameda County Fair meet by the California Horse Racing Board April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC