Despite multiple members expressing frustration with the way the process was handled, the California Horse Racing Board approved a reallocation of dates within the Northern California fair circuit April 21 during a meeting at Golden Gate Fields.
The Oak Tree Racing Association will move from its longtime offices at Santa Anita Park into a wing of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association office sometime in June.
The Oak Tree Racing Association is back in the race business following a 3 1/2-year absence with the approval of its application to conduct the Alameda County Fair meet by the California Horse Racing Board April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala