Members of the California Horse Racing Board made a commitment to decide the highly contentious Northern California 2017 racing dates dispute at its regular October meeting, but the regulatory agency could not reach a resolution Oct. 20.
Despite multiple members expressing frustration with the way the process was handled, the California Horse Racing Board approved a reallocation of dates within the Northern California fair circuit April 21 during a meeting at Golden Gate Fields.
The Oak Tree Racing Association will move from its longtime offices at Santa Anita Park into a wing of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association office sometime in June.
The Oak Tree Racing Association is back in the race business following a 3 1/2-year absence with the approval of its application to conduct the Alameda County Fair meet by the California Horse Racing Board April 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance