Powerscourt gave his Ballydoyle connections something to celebrate with a six-length romp in the Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) Sunday at The Curragh to hand Aidan O'Brien his first group I triumph of the season.
American-bred Vangelis got a well-timed ride from leading French jockey Christophe Soumillon to win the Prix d'Harcourt (Fr-II) for older horses at 1 1/4 miles at Longchamp Sunday.
Bandari, trained by Mark Johnston for Sheikh Hamdan al Maktoum, will be bidding to become the first winner of the Rothmans Royals St Leger for 29 years trained in that county -- since Peleid in 1973 -- when he takes on nine rivals in the final classic of the British season at Doncaster Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Meet the Rare White Foal at Rockridge Stud
- Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed Sale Posts Declines
- Flashy American, Funfair Light Up Bid Board
- WinStar Derby Challenge Begins Feb. 12
- Fasig-Tipton Ky Winter Mixed Sale Day 2 Wrap
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Industry Makes Its Case Against Decoupling
- Making the Grade: Mohaymen
- HRRN to Cover Penn Gaming Racing Challenge