The New York Breeders' Sales Co.'s inaugural yearling sale at the Yaddo show grounds in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. came to a close Friday evening, with 112 yearlings being reported as sold over the two-evening run for a gross of $1,254,800, good for an average of $11,204.
A good-sized crowd of local breeders and owners, pinhookers, and curiosity seekers showed up for the first session of the inaugural New York Breeders' Sales Co.'s yearling sale Thursday night. The sale, which had a county fair-like atmosphere, was conducted under blue-and-white-striped tents at the Yaddo show grounds near Saratoga Race Course.
The New York Breeders' Sales Co.'s inaugural premier yearling sale ventures into new territory as it begins its two-day run Thursday night in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Hoping to catch yearling buyers that are in town, the NYBSC sale is sandwiched between Fasig-Tipton's select yearling sale that ends Wednesday evening and their New York-bred preferred sale that goes for two evenings beginning Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week
- Genting Americas Bids for NY Casino License