Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, along with top fillies Open Mind, Safely Kept, and Sky Beauty form the Class of 2011 for the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony will take place Aug. 12.
Magna Entertainment blamed the weak performance of its slots operation at Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino as a key to another in a series of poor financial quarters, as the company announced a $49.8 million net loss ending Sept. 30.
John T. von Stade, the longest-tenured president in the history of the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., completed 16 years of service Aug. 11 and was named chairman of the museum's Board of Trustees.
Norine Spadaro, wife of Joe Spadaro, deputy executive director of the New York Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund, died Monday morning following a long illness. She was 61.
Five weeks before his 70th birthday, Laurel-based trainer Buddy Delp prepares for one of the biggest days in his legendary career. On August 5, he will be inducted into Thoroughbred Racing's Hall of Fame at Saratoga Springs, New York.
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame will announce June 27 the details of how a Seabiscuit trophy stolen in the 1950s was recovered. The trophy was stolen from the Howard family, which owned the famed Thoroughbred.
Those traveling to Elmont, NY for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) can expect pleasant spring temperatures with periods of both sun and clouds.
Seventy-eight photographs from across the United States reveal the drama and fun of Thoroughbred racing in "Winning Colors," the National Museum of Racing's 7th annual photography show and contest. Winning Colors is open at the museum in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. through Feb. 22, 2002
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- Maryland Positives for Compounded Drug Found
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breeze at Palm Beach
- Hard to Stay Notgo Romps in Franklin Square
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes