The Barretts January mixed auction experienced moderate growth in gross revenue and a big gain in average price during its two-day run that ended Tueday in Southern California.
The strong market for 2-year-olds in training continued with a record-breaking sale at Barretts' May sale of juveniles May 11. High water marks for average, median, and buy-back rates were eclipsed at the auction, conducted at the Hinds pavilion in Pomona California.
Gross receipts and average price were down for the first of two nights of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's Del Mar yearling sale on Sunday, but the median increased marginally and the session boasted the highest-priced yearling sold by the CTBA in more than a decade.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session