The Barretts January mixed auction experienced moderate growth in gross revenue and a big gain in average price during its two-day run that ended Tueday in Southern California.
The strong market for 2-year-olds in training continued with a record-breaking sale at Barretts' May sale of juveniles May 11. High water marks for average, median, and buy-back rates were eclipsed at the auction, conducted at the Hinds pavilion in Pomona California.
Gross receipts and average price were down for the first of two nights of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's Del Mar yearling sale on Sunday, but the median increased marginally and the session boasted the highest-priced yearling sold by the CTBA in more than a decade.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death