The Barretts January mixed auction experienced moderate growth in gross revenue and a big gain in average price during its two-day run that ended Tueday in Southern California.
The strong market for 2-year-olds in training continued with a record-breaking sale at Barretts' May sale of juveniles May 11. High water marks for average, median, and buy-back rates were eclipsed at the auction, conducted at the Hinds pavilion in Pomona California.
Gross receipts and average price were down for the first of two nights of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's Del Mar yearling sale on Sunday, but the median increased marginally and the session boasted the highest-priced yearling sold by the CTBA in more than a decade.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity