As part of Shadwell Stud's recent project to develop its online presence, a new Facebook page has been launched, the international breeding and racing operation announced July 5.
Sheikh Maktoum's homebred Storming Home, whose chance for victory in the Oct. 25 John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) was compromised because of an injury to his right hind foot suffered during a bumping incident rounding the first turn, has been retired for stallion duty at Sheikh Hamdan's Nunnery Stud in England.
European champion Sakhee, who is scheduled to enter stud in 2003 at Shadwell's Nunnery Stud in England, will begin his stallion career for £20,000.
Group I winner Act One, who recently was retired from racing after suffering a hairline fracture of a cannon bone, will enter stud at Shadwell's Nunnery Stud in England in 2003.
Unfuwain, a French champion and English group II winner whose major winners at stud included Alhaarth, Petrushka, and 2001 star Lailani, died Jan. 16 as a result of a neurological condition that developed at the end of the previous week.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase