As part of Shadwell Stud's recent project to develop its online presence, a new Facebook page has been launched, the international breeding and racing operation announced July 5.
Sheikh Maktoum's homebred Storming Home, whose chance for victory in the Oct. 25 John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) was compromised because of an injury to his right hind foot suffered during a bumping incident rounding the first turn, has been retired for stallion duty at Sheikh Hamdan's Nunnery Stud in England.
European champion Sakhee, who is scheduled to enter stud in 2003 at Shadwell's Nunnery Stud in England, will begin his stallion career for £20,000.
Group I winner Act One, who recently was retired from racing after suffering a hairline fracture of a cannon bone, will enter stud at Shadwell's Nunnery Stud in England in 2003.
Unfuwain, a French champion and English group II winner whose major winners at stud included Alhaarth, Petrushka, and 2001 star Lailani, died Jan. 16 as a result of a neurological condition that developed at the end of the previous week.
Most Popular Stories
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream