Jockey Eduardo Nunez, a mainstay on the South Florida circuit since 1986, became the all-time winning rider of the Calder meet at Calder Race Course June 4
Jockey Eduardo O. Nunez won his 2,000th race on Feb. 1 when he guided Cash McCool to victory by a neck in the seventh race at Gulfstream Park.
Here and There...a look at what's going on in the industry.
Radical Riley, a Jacks or Better Farm Inc. homebred, rallied through the stretch to win the $100,000 What A Pleasure Stakes (gr. III) on a sloppy track Saturday at Calder. Under Eduardo Nunez, the gray 2-year-old son of Wheaton stopped the timer in 1:48.33, defeating 7-5 favorite Outofthebox by a neck.
Led by Miners Gamble, longshots captured the top four spots Saturday in the $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap at Calder Race Course. Miners Gamble, a 7-1 shot, closed with a rush on the inside to win by four lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short