The National Turf Writers and Broadcasters will salute American Pharoah and the team that molded him into the first Triple Crown champion in 37 years to highlight its 56th annual awards dinner Oct. 28 in Lexington.
The nonprofit Thoroughbred retirement center Old Friends will be presented the Special Eclipse Award at ceremonies Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Fla.
Longtime handicapper and author Barry Meadow won the first-ever Ron Rippey Award for Handicapping Media for his piece, "Statistics and Garbage", that appeared in the Horseplayers Association of North America newsletter.
Art Sherman, Cot Campbell, Charlsie Cantey, and Blood-Horse's Tom LaMarra are the winners for the 55th annual awards dinner of the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters association, to be held Oct. 29 in Arcadia, Ca.
John Hendrickson and Marylou Whitney donated $10,000 to the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters association during the 54th annual awards dinner at The Derby restaurant in Arcadia, Ca. Oct. 30.
Racing participants and Turf writers were honored by the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters during the organization's awards banquet Oct. 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Steve Haskin received an award for outstanding magazine writing from Breeders' Cup Ltd. for his account of the 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic.
The National Turf Writers Association has approved changes in the organization's official bylaws to open its membership to professional broadcasters and to rename the association to reflect its broader membership.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness