The nonprofit Thoroughbred retirement center Old Friends will be presented the Special Eclipse Award at ceremonies Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Fla.
Longtime handicapper and author Barry Meadow won the first-ever Ron Rippey Award for Handicapping Media for his piece, "Statistics and Garbage", that appeared in the Horseplayers Association of North America newsletter.
Art Sherman, Cot Campbell, Charlsie Cantey, and Blood-Horse's Tom LaMarra are the winners for the 55th annual awards dinner of the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters association, to be held Oct. 29 in Arcadia, Ca.
John Hendrickson and Marylou Whitney donated $10,000 to the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters association during the 54th annual awards dinner at The Derby restaurant in Arcadia, Ca. Oct. 30.
Racing participants and Turf writers were honored by the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters during the organization's awards banquet Oct. 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Steve Haskin received an award for outstanding magazine writing from Breeders' Cup Ltd. for his account of the 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic.
The National Turf Writers Association has approved changes in the organization's official bylaws to open its membership to professional broadcasters and to rename the association to reflect its broader membership.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti