Handle through the TV Games Network's Oregon hub was $12,414,106 for the third quarter of 2001, almost triple the amount wagered during the third quarter of 2000 but down slightly from the second quarter of 2001.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Oregon wagering hub first operated by NTRA Services and now in the hands of the TV Games Network handled $13,033,508 for the second quarter of this year, more than double the first-quarter handle and by far its best three months ever.
- By Tom LaMarra
The NTRA Services wagering hub in Oregon handled $6,133,521 for the first quarter of 2001, by far the highest figure for a three-period since the first report was submitted early last year. The handle, generated by bettors in Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, and Oregon, is almost twice as large as the handle recorded for the first three months of 2000.
The Ohio-based online wagering service has been approved to operate in Oregon, where other entities such as NTRA Services and US Off-Track have set up betting hubs that return a portion of revenue to the horse and Greyhound industries.
With a spending plan in place for 2001, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and the Breeders' Cup now are looking closely at the efficiencies of an Oregon wagering hub operated by NTRA Services. The Friday meeting in South Florida marked the first for a new 15-member board. Magna Entertainment's Jim McAlpine sat in for Magna chairman Frank Stronach, who missed what would have been his first board meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike