The Racehorse Medication and Testing Consortium formed earlier this year has incorporated as a charitable organization and issued its goals and objectives, one of which has been broadened to include the auction and training aspects of the Thoroughbred business.
The Racing Medication and Testing Consortium is moving forward with a national policy statement and plans to incorporate.
In the second round of "super tests" performed under the guidance of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Racing Integrity and Drug Testing Task Force, there were no new positives for Class 1, 2, and 3 medications, according to a final report recently released. There were, however, 454 confirmations for therapeutic drugs.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win
- Jockey Maria Thornton Gets First Victory