On the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, The New York Racing Association will conduct a special ceremony prior to the start of Sunday's live racing card at Belmont Park.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association will disburse an additional $350,000 from the NTRA Charities-New York Heroes Fund, including $250,000 to the Silver Shield Foundation on Belmont Stakes Day June 8.
At a luncheon honoring New York and Nassau County law enforcement personnel, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA), Breeder Cup Limited and the New York Racing Association (NYRA) distributed $2.5 million from the NTRA Charities - New York Heroes Fund to 11 local organizations aiding families affected by the World Trade Center attack. Th ceremony marks the second distribution of Heroes Fund monies to Sept. 11-related charities and brings the fund's total disbursements to $3.5 million.
In a continuing effort to raise funds for the relief effort tied to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association held an auction to benefit its New York Heroes Fund following the annual Stallion Access fall sale Nov. 9 at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks.
Stallion seasons to Point Given, Artax, Unbridled's Song, and Free House will be up for auction at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Nov. 9 to benefit the NTRA Charities-New York Heroes Fund. The auction and a cocktail reception are part of the sale company's stallion access sale that evening.
All Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships purse earnings for Godolphin Stable, the international racing operation of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum will go to the NTRA Charities - New York Heroes Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal