Edgar Prado turned in a first, second and third-place finish Friday night at Lone Star Park to edge Shane Sellers by a point for the title in the 2003 NTRA All-Star Jockey Championship in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Russell Baze, who is on pace to surpass Laffit Pincay Jr. as horse racing's all-time leading jockey, was installed as the 4-1 morning line favorite for Friday night's seventh annual NTRA All-Star Jockey Championship at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Richard Migliore, winner of more than 3,700 races and twice the leading rider in New York, will compete in the June 20 NTRA All-Star Jockey Championship at Lone Star Park. "The Mig" was named to replace fellow New York rider John Velazquez, who could not participate due to a prior commitment.
Jorge Chavez received an invitation to the NTRA All-Star Jockey Championship after he won an online vote at ntra.com.
For the first time, racing fans will have the opportunity to elect two of their favorite riders to berths in the NTRA All-Star Jockey Championship, a four-race event featuring 12 of America's top jockeys to be run June 22.
Donnie Meche will miss a minimum of "two to three weeks" due to injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed