Grade II winner Diamond Stripes is the lukewarm favorite among a dozen entered for the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Santa Anita Jan. 26.
Now Victory, sent off at odds of 31-1, skipped away from the field at the start for jockey Frank Alvarado and never looked back, winning the $140,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf without a serious threat Sept. 22.
After back-to-back stakes victories, the hard-trying California-bred Bold Chieftain may never have a better opportunity to notch his first graded win than in the $150,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the San Mateo track's turf course Sept. 22.
Southern California shipper Fantastic Spain overcame traffic trouble at the eighth pole and surged late to win the $191,400 Golden Gate Fields Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) by a neck over the odds-on choice Notable Guest on the turf Monday at the Albany, Calif., track.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing