Grade II winner Diamond Stripes is the lukewarm favorite among a dozen entered for the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Santa Anita Jan. 26.
Now Victory, sent off at odds of 31-1, skipped away from the field at the start for jockey Frank Alvarado and never looked back, winning the $140,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf without a serious threat Sept. 22.
After back-to-back stakes victories, the hard-trying California-bred Bold Chieftain may never have a better opportunity to notch his first graded win than in the $150,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the San Mateo track's turf course Sept. 22.
Southern California shipper Fantastic Spain overcame traffic trouble at the eighth pole and surged late to win the $191,400 Golden Gate Fields Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) by a neck over the odds-on choice Notable Guest on the turf Monday at the Albany, Calif., track.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- First International Aftercare Forum May 17-18
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work