Swiftly Classic, a 4-year-old mare who is pregnant to Old Trieste, brought $145,000 to top Monday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
Hugo Merry Bloodstock paid a top price of $220,000 for a 6-year-old broodmare by Irish River during Friday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale begins Monday, with 4,115 horses catalogued for the 11-day auction.
How do horsemen feel about the long-term health of the Thoroughbred market? The mixed sales in Central Kentucky should provide some answers. Broodmares and broodmare prospects, which represent investments in the future, make up the bulk of the offerings along with weanlings, who are more than a year away from generating any money at the racetrack.
Jewel Princess, a champion daughter of Key to the Mint, was purchased by Coolmore Stud's John Magnier for $4.9 million to top Monday's second session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale. Monday's gross receipts represented a record for any single session in Keeneland sale history as 24 horses brought final bids in excess of seven figures.
Keeneland's November breeding stock sale expected to set a record in terms of the number of horses to be offered.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky