Sealy Hill, Canada's reigning Horse of the Year, makes her return to Woodbine, the Toronto track where she made her reputation, for the $300,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT).
Continuing to display her turf dominance, Criminologist came from off the pace to shed seven rivals Nov. 17 at Churchill Downs, scoring by 2 1/2 lengths in the $150,000 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) to earn her fourth consecutive victory.
Monceaux Stable's heavily favored Naissance Royale charged down the stretch in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap (gr. IIIT) to catch J'ray in the final strides for a neck victory at Gulfstream Park.
Lady of Venice, a French import that scored a stylish victory in Keeneland's Appalachian in her U.S. debut, is the 5-2 morning line choice in the $200,000-added Regret (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at nine furlongs on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31