Sealy Hill, Canada's reigning Horse of the Year, makes her return to Woodbine, the Toronto track where she made her reputation, for the $300,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT).
Continuing to display her turf dominance, Criminologist came from off the pace to shed seven rivals Nov. 17 at Churchill Downs, scoring by 2 1/2 lengths in the $150,000 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) to earn her fourth consecutive victory.
Monceaux Stable's heavily favored Naissance Royale charged down the stretch in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap (gr. IIIT) to catch J'ray in the final strides for a neck victory at Gulfstream Park.
Lady of Venice, a French import that scored a stylish victory in Keeneland's Appalachian in her U.S. debut, is the 5-2 morning line choice in the $200,000-added Regret (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at nine furlongs on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win