Sealy Hill, Canada's reigning Horse of the Year, makes her return to Woodbine, the Toronto track where she made her reputation, for the $300,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT).
Continuing to display her turf dominance, Criminologist came from off the pace to shed seven rivals Nov. 17 at Churchill Downs, scoring by 2 1/2 lengths in the $150,000 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) to earn her fourth consecutive victory.
Monceaux Stable's heavily favored Naissance Royale charged down the stretch in Saturday's $100,000 Suwannee River Handicap (gr. IIIT) to catch J'ray in the final strides for a neck victory at Gulfstream Park.
Lady of Venice, a French import that scored a stylish victory in Keeneland's Appalachian in her U.S. debut, is the 5-2 morning line choice in the $200,000-added Regret (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at nine furlongs on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Salute the Sarge to E.A. Ranches in Calif.
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Easter Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3