Notnowcato upset English Derby (Eng-I) winner Authorized and 2006 champion miler George Washington to win the Coral-Eclipse Stakes on Saturday at Sandown Park after a gamble by jockey Ryan Moore.
Notnowcato got the better of Dylan Thomas for a second time when he held on for a determined head victory in the Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
J. Paul Reddam's Red Rocks, who is expected to conclude his 4-year-old season with a defense of his John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) title, got his 2007 European campaign off to a promising start with a two-length victory in the Betfred Gordon Richards Stakes (Eng-III) at Sandown Friday.
Notnowcato surprised most observers when heading a 1-2 sweep for trainer Sir Michael Stoute in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) at York on Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 8/04/2015
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided