Notnowcato upset English Derby (Eng-I) winner Authorized and 2006 champion miler George Washington to win the Coral-Eclipse Stakes on Saturday at Sandown Park after a gamble by jockey Ryan Moore.
Notnowcato got the better of Dylan Thomas for a second time when he held on for a determined head victory in the Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
J. Paul Reddam's Red Rocks, who is expected to conclude his 4-year-old season with a defense of his John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) title, got his 2007 European campaign off to a promising start with a two-length victory in the Betfred Gordon Richards Stakes (Eng-III) at Sandown Friday.
Notnowcato surprised most observers when heading a 1-2 sweep for trainer Sir Michael Stoute in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) at York on Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5