Notnowcato upset English Derby (Eng-I) winner Authorized and 2006 champion miler George Washington to win the Coral-Eclipse Stakes on Saturday at Sandown Park after a gamble by jockey Ryan Moore.
Notnowcato got the better of Dylan Thomas for a second time when he held on for a determined head victory in the Tattersalls Gold Cup (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Sunday.
J. Paul Reddam's Red Rocks, who is expected to conclude his 4-year-old season with a defense of his John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) title, got his 2007 European campaign off to a promising start with a two-length victory in the Betfred Gordon Richards Stakes (Eng-III) at Sandown Friday.
Notnowcato surprised most observers when heading a 1-2 sweep for trainer Sir Michael Stoute in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) at York on Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions