The winning Vindication mare Southern Oaks delivered the first foal for Ontario-based Society's Chairman on Feb. 2. A grade III-winning son of Not Impossible, Society's Chairman stands for $3,500 (Canadian dollars).
Charles Fipke's homebred Canadian champion and classic winner Not Bourbon will enter stud in 2011 at the Hunderup family's Norse Ridge Farm near King City, Ontario, Canada.
Last at the top of the lane, Society's Chairman charged relentlessly on the far outside to nip fellow Canadian-bred Rahy's Attorney by a head in the $100,000 Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf March 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest