The winning Vindication mare Southern Oaks delivered the first foal for Ontario-based Society's Chairman on Feb. 2. A grade III-winning son of Not Impossible, Society's Chairman stands for $3,500 (Canadian dollars).
Charles Fipke's homebred Canadian champion and classic winner Not Bourbon will enter stud in 2011 at the Hunderup family's Norse Ridge Farm near King City, Ontario, Canada.
Last at the top of the lane, Society's Chairman charged relentlessly on the far outside to nip fellow Canadian-bred Rahy's Attorney by a head in the $100,000 Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf March 20.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage