The final contingent of Breeders' Cup runners, including Mile favorite Wise Dan and Classic contenders Mucho Macho Man, Fort Larned, and Brilliant Speed, arrived at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
Not Abroad and his jockey, Nick Petro, took advantage of an opening along the rail and won the $142,500 Maryland Million Classic Stakes Oct. 6 at Laurel Park.
Eighttofasttocatch has been tabbed as the 9-5 favorite as he goes for a repeat in the $150,000 Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park Oct. 6.
Jay Em Ess Stable's Redeemed held off a nagging pressure from Not Abroad to win the $200,000 Greenwood Cup (gr. III) in track-record time at Parx Racing July 14.
Marathoner Birdrun is entered for a repeat chance in the Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II). Redeemed is the 5-2 morning-line choice for the June 5 feature, run at the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) distance: one lap around 'Big Sandy.'
The 26th Jim McKay Maryland Million attracted 111 entrants to the 11-race program which will be held Oct. 1 at Laurel Park. The total purses are worth more than $1 million.
New York-bred Stormy's Majesty took over on the far turn and never looked back, scoring by two lengths for his first graded-stakes victory in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Prince of Wales Stakes winner Golden Moka, who had his unbeaten streak snapped last time out, will try to rebound in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
This year's Maryland Million, to be run Oct. 2 at Laurel Park, attracted 110 horses on an 11-race program highlighted by the $150,000 Maryland Million Classic at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap