Extreme Choice led a one-two finish for trainer Mick Price in the Aus$1.5 million Blue Diamond Stakes (Aus-I) in winning comfortably from stablemate Flying Artie Feb. 27 at Caulfield.
Good Project lifted trainer Chris Waller to a 10th group I victory this season after grabbing the lead early and running on strongly to win the Aus$1 million Railway Stakes (Aus-I) at Ascot.
Three horses broke the seven-figure mark on opening day of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale May 27, led by group I winner Sweet Idea for $1,600,000 (US$1,240,117).
Cumulative average price at the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale showed an 8.6% increase compared with last year at the conclusion of the three-day first session March 5 while total sales and median remained static.
Elite Australian sire Redoute's Choice reached his 100th individual stakes winner Feb. 23 when She's Clean won the Triscay Stakes at Warwick Farm.
A competitive buying bench helped the select weanlings sold during William Inglis & Son's Australian weanling and breeding stock sale gross Aust$7.026 million ($6,107,650 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters