Extreme Choice led a one-two finish for trainer Mick Price in the Aus$1.5 million Blue Diamond Stakes (Aus-I) in winning comfortably from stablemate Flying Artie Feb. 27 at Caulfield.
Good Project lifted trainer Chris Waller to a 10th group I victory this season after grabbing the lead early and running on strongly to win the Aus$1 million Railway Stakes (Aus-I) at Ascot.
Three horses broke the seven-figure mark on opening day of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale May 27, led by group I winner Sweet Idea for $1,600,000 (US$1,240,117).
Cumulative average price at the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale showed an 8.6% increase compared with last year at the conclusion of the three-day first session March 5 while total sales and median remained static.
Elite Australian sire Redoute's Choice reached his 100th individual stakes winner Feb. 23 when She's Clean won the Triscay Stakes at Warwick Farm.
A competitive buying bench helped the select weanlings sold during William Inglis & Son's Australian weanling and breeding stock sale gross Aust$7.026 million ($6,107,650 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections