Three horses broke the seven-figure mark on opening day of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale May 27, led by group I winner Sweet Idea for $1,600,000 (US$1,240,117).
Cumulative average price at the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale showed an 8.6% increase compared with last year at the conclusion of the three-day first session March 5 while total sales and median remained static.
Elite Australian sire Redoute's Choice reached his 100th individual stakes winner Feb. 23 when She's Clean won the Triscay Stakes at Warwick Farm.
A competitive buying bench helped the select weanlings sold during William Inglis & Son's Australian weanling and breeding stock sale gross Aust$7.026 million ($6,107,650 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return