Extreme Choice led a one-two finish for trainer Mick Price in the Aus$1.5 million Blue Diamond Stakes (Aus-I) in winning comfortably from stablemate Flying Artie Feb. 27 at Caulfield.
Good Project lifted trainer Chris Waller to a 10th group I victory this season after grabbing the lead early and running on strongly to win the Aus$1 million Railway Stakes (Aus-I) at Ascot.
Three horses broke the seven-figure mark on opening day of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale May 27, led by group I winner Sweet Idea for $1,600,000 (US$1,240,117).
Cumulative average price at the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale showed an 8.6% increase compared with last year at the conclusion of the three-day first session March 5 while total sales and median remained static.
Elite Australian sire Redoute's Choice reached his 100th individual stakes winner Feb. 23 when She's Clean won the Triscay Stakes at Warwick Farm.
A competitive buying bench helped the select weanlings sold during William Inglis & Son's Australian weanling and breeding stock sale gross Aust$7.026 million ($6,107,650 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage