Three horses broke the seven-figure mark on opening day of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale May 27, led by group I winner Sweet Idea for $1,600,000 (US$1,240,117).
Cumulative average price at the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale showed an 8.6% increase compared with last year at the conclusion of the three-day first session March 5 while total sales and median remained static.
Elite Australian sire Redoute's Choice reached his 100th individual stakes winner Feb. 23 when She's Clean won the Triscay Stakes at Warwick Farm.
A competitive buying bench helped the select weanlings sold during William Inglis & Son's Australian weanling and breeding stock sale gross Aust$7.026 million ($6,107,650 in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes