An impressive field of fillies and mares, 3-years-old and up will go postward in the Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) at Calder Race Course, the 11th race on the Summit of Speed program July 7.
Even-money choice Pussycat Doll, returning from a layoff of nearly nine months, proved anything but vulnerable with her third grade I win in the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap at Santa Anita Sunday.
Pussycat Doll, off the racing trail since winning the Humana Distaff Handicap (gr. I) May 6, returns in an ambitious spot -- Sunday's $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita -- where she faces nine tough rivals going seven furlongs.
Grade I winners Alphabet Kisses and Leave Me Alone are the co-high weights at 119 pounds among nine fillies and mares entered in Santa Anita's $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) at seven furlongs on Sunday.
The ultra-consistent California-bred millionaire Dream of Summer will carry high weight of 122 in the $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) Sunday, a race that drew four grade or group I winners at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Taghrooda Flies to King George Triumph
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move