An impressive field of fillies and mares, 3-years-old and up will go postward in the Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) at Calder Race Course, the 11th race on the Summit of Speed program July 7.
Even-money choice Pussycat Doll, returning from a layoff of nearly nine months, proved anything but vulnerable with her third grade I win in the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap at Santa Anita Sunday.
Pussycat Doll, off the racing trail since winning the Humana Distaff Handicap (gr. I) May 6, returns in an ambitious spot -- Sunday's $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita -- where she faces nine tough rivals going seven furlongs.
Grade I winners Alphabet Kisses and Leave Me Alone are the co-high weights at 119 pounds among nine fillies and mares entered in Santa Anita's $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) at seven furlongs on Sunday.
The ultra-consistent California-bred millionaire Dream of Summer will carry high weight of 122 in the $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) Sunday, a race that drew four grade or group I winners at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Ward Joins Water, Hay, and Oats Alliance
- ADW Company AmWest Joins NTRA
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return