The 11 Breeders' Cup World Championship races drew 160 pre-entries (141 individual horses, 19 of whom were cross-entered).
Hall of Fame rider Gary Stevens earned his 5,000th career win at Belmont when he piloted Joint Aspiration to victory in the $69,950 Gaviola Stakes on Sunday.
Wilko, upset winner of Saturday's Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) in his first North American start, will remain in the U. S. and be trained by Craig Dollase during a 3-year-old campaign aimed at the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Wilko, who had won just two of 10 starts in Europe, beat the best 2-year-old colts at Lone Star Park Saturday at odds of 28-1, winning the $1.5 million Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
Wilko, a two-time allowance winner on turf in England, is heading to the $1.5 million Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) after being purchased in part by California owner Paul Reddam.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- Leading Sire of 2014 - Tapit
- Can Shared Belief Be Beaten in the Malibu?
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic