The 11 Breeders' Cup World Championship races drew 160 pre-entries (141 individual horses, 19 of whom were cross-entered).
Hall of Fame rider Gary Stevens earned his 5,000th career win at Belmont when he piloted Joint Aspiration to victory in the $69,950 Gaviola Stakes on Sunday.
Wilko, upset winner of Saturday's Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) in his first North American start, will remain in the U. S. and be trained by Craig Dollase during a 3-year-old campaign aimed at the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Wilko, who had won just two of 10 starts in Europe, beat the best 2-year-old colts at Lone Star Park Saturday at odds of 28-1, winning the $1.5 million Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
Wilko, a two-time allowance winner on turf in England, is heading to the $1.5 million Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) after being purchased in part by California owner Paul Reddam.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes