Unbeaten champion mare Black Caviar was named Australia's Horse of the Year for the third successive season Oct. 3 at a national awards ceremony in Melbourne.
Three-year-old Fiveandahalfstar emphatically rebounded from a trio of close runner-up finishes as he led all the way and defeated older horses in the $2.5 million The BMW (Aus-I) April 6 at Rosehill Gardens.
Australian champion Pierro held back charging stablemate More Joyous to capture the $350,000 Canterbury Stakes (Aus-I), one of three group I races at Rosehill Gardens March 23, opening day of the Sydney Autumn Carnival.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Chasing Landaluce
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points