Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. closed out its spring sale of 2-year-olds in training with gusto April 24, establishing sale records for gross, average, and median price for the second straight year.
A pair of regally-bred colts by Curlin and Bernardini garnered the most attention at the third session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training April 23, each selling for $700,000.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s four-day spring sale, the largest offering of 2-year-olds in training at public auction each season, is expected to once again produce a number of stakes winners from a catalog of more than 1,200.
The fastest time for a quarter mile in three days of under tack previews was posted by a bay colt by Harlan's Holiday who breezed in :20 3/5 April 17 for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale at Ocala Training Center.
Below is a list of upcoming farm open houses and stallion shows. Listings are in alphabetical order by state. Times are Eastern Standard Time unless otherwise indicated.
Nestled on 250 acres inside the sprawling Nelson Jones Training Center near Ocala, Fla., Northwest Stud opened its gates for business in 2012. Download Now
Northwest Stud near Ocala, Fl. has announced its stud fees for the 2014 breeding season, including the latest stallion to join its rapidly-growing roster, grade I winner Turbo Compressor.
Northwest Stud has announced that Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) winner Wrote and multiple graded stakes winner Duke of Mischief have joined the farm's stallion roster.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Face Off at Longchamp
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap