Jockey Sheldon Russell was taken to Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Ill., following a paddock incident involving his scheduled mount Private Prospect prior to the first race at Arlington Park.
Jockey Rene Douglas was listed as conscious and alert at Northwest Community Hospital on the evening of May 23, after being thrown from his mount in the Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale