Jockey Sheldon Russell was taken to Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Ill., following a paddock incident involving his scheduled mount Private Prospect prior to the first race at Arlington Park.
Jockey Rene Douglas was listed as conscious and alert at Northwest Community Hospital on the evening of May 23, after being thrown from his mount in the Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Second Straight Turf Female Championship for Tepin
- Ocasio Earns Outstanding Apprentice Jockey Eclipse