Jockey Sheldon Russell was taken to Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Ill., following a paddock incident involving his scheduled mount Private Prospect prior to the first race at Arlington Park.
Jockey Rene Douglas was listed as conscious and alert at Northwest Community Hospital on the evening of May 23, after being thrown from his mount in the Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill