Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, a winner of 24 of 53 starts under the care of trainer Larry Rivelli, has been retired.
Breaking like a rocket from the gate, Nicole's Dream shot to the early advantage and led all the way to win the $100,000 Mamzelle Stakes to kick off a deep and rich Kentucky Derby (gr. I) stakes weekend. The 5-year-old Florida-bred mare defended her title in the Mamzelle, having won the race last year by a nose.
Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, piloted by Robby Albarado, resisted Tangier Sound in a prolonged stretch battle to win the $117,700 Mamzelle Stakes for older fillies and mares Thursday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th