Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, a winner of 24 of 53 starts under the care of trainer Larry Rivelli, has been retired.
Breaking like a rocket from the gate, Nicole's Dream shot to the early advantage and led all the way to win the $100,000 Mamzelle Stakes to kick off a deep and rich Kentucky Derby (gr. I) stakes weekend. The 5-year-old Florida-bred mare defended her title in the Mamzelle, having won the race last year by a nose.
Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, piloted by Robby Albarado, resisted Tangier Sound in a prolonged stretch battle to win the $117,700 Mamzelle Stakes for older fillies and mares Thursday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage