Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, a winner of 24 of 53 starts under the care of trainer Larry Rivelli, has been retired.
Breaking like a rocket from the gate, Nicole's Dream shot to the early advantage and led all the way to win the $100,000 Mamzelle Stakes to kick off a deep and rich Kentucky Derby (gr. I) stakes weekend. The 5-year-old Florida-bred mare defended her title in the Mamzelle, having won the race last year by a nose.
Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, piloted by Robby Albarado, resisted Tangier Sound in a prolonged stretch battle to win the $117,700 Mamzelle Stakes for older fillies and mares Thursday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale