Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, a winner of 24 of 53 starts under the care of trainer Larry Rivelli, has been retired.
Breaking like a rocket from the gate, Nicole's Dream shot to the early advantage and led all the way to win the $100,000 Mamzelle Stakes to kick off a deep and rich Kentucky Derby (gr. I) stakes weekend. The 5-year-old Florida-bred mare defended her title in the Mamzelle, having won the race last year by a nose.
Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, piloted by Robby Albarado, resisted Tangier Sound in a prolonged stretch battle to win the $117,700 Mamzelle Stakes for older fillies and mares Thursday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Featured Horse Profile: Artemis Agrotera
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday