Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, a winner of 24 of 53 starts under the care of trainer Larry Rivelli, has been retired.
Breaking like a rocket from the gate, Nicole's Dream shot to the early advantage and led all the way to win the $100,000 Mamzelle Stakes to kick off a deep and rich Kentucky Derby (gr. I) stakes weekend. The 5-year-old Florida-bred mare defended her title in the Mamzelle, having won the race last year by a nose.
Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, piloted by Robby Albarado, resisted Tangier Sound in a prolonged stretch battle to win the $117,700 Mamzelle Stakes for older fillies and mares Thursday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dettori Named 'World's Best Jockey' for 2015
- Turfway Park Begins Four-Month Run Dec. 3
- Business Strong at Churchill Downs Fall Meet
- Los Alamitos Set for 12-Day Meet
- Average, Median Down at Tattersalls Mare Sale
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Stormy Lucy Provides Matriarch Stunner
- Del Mar Sees Daily Handle Drop for Fall Meet
- Mr Speaker Retired, Will Stand at Lane's End
- Melmich Breaks Track Record in Valedictory