Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, a winner of 24 of 53 starts under the care of trainer Larry Rivelli, has been retired.
Breaking like a rocket from the gate, Nicole's Dream shot to the early advantage and led all the way to win the $100,000 Mamzelle Stakes to kick off a deep and rich Kentucky Derby (gr. I) stakes weekend. The 5-year-old Florida-bred mare defended her title in the Mamzelle, having won the race last year by a nose.
Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, piloted by Robby Albarado, resisted Tangier Sound in a prolonged stretch battle to win the $117,700 Mamzelle Stakes for older fillies and mares Thursday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Hushion Seeks 'Wand for Princess Violet