Northern Mischief topped the Wednesday session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when Frank Stronach went to $340,000 to purchase the 4-year-old mare, helping the sale company surpass last year's total gross on day three of the seven-day sale.
Irish-bred Louvain, who had been extended an invitation to Sunday's American Oaks (gr. IT), heads a lineup of twelve 3-year-old fillies set to contest Monday's $100,000 Flawlessly Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Sharp Lisa, a strong second in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) last month, is the clear standout in Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
With no Sweet Catomine to be concerned with, Peter Vegso's homebred Splendid Blended was the star of Sunday's $389,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies.
In a field lacking a graded stakes winner, Splendid Blended, whose only setback came to probable 2-year-old filly champion Sweet Catomine, looks best of seven entered in Sunday's $380,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Trainer Doug O'Neill hopes to cap his second Hollywood Park autumn meet championship Sunday with a victory by Sharp Lisa in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer