A filly by Fastnet Rock out of a Galileo mare sold for the top price of $300,000 ($278,011 in United States funds) June 4 during the first of two select sessions of the Magic Millions National yearling sale.
Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Average price was up 11% on the first day of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 2, with trading led by a Northern Meteor colt for $450,000 ($400,542 in United States funds).
A colt by elite dual hemisphere sire More Than Ready sold for the highest price of $600,000 ($539,460 in United States funds) on the fourth day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 11 in Queensland.
Polanski strongly rallied from midpack and bounded away to a three-length triumph in the AAMI Victoria Derby (Aus-I) Nov. 2 at Flemington.
Zoustar got up the closing stages to win the lucrative Golden Rose Stakes (Aus-I) at Rosehill Gardens Sept. 14 in Sydney, while rising star Atlantic Jewel kept her unbeaten record intact at Moonee Valley near Melbourne.
Northern Meteor, leading first-crop sire in Australia, died suddenly July 30 from a "swift and fatal attack of colic," according to a release from Widden Stud.
Romantic Touch took control out of the gate and won the Aus$500,000 Patinack Farm J. J. Atkins (Aus-I) from previously undefeated Zoustar, leading a one-two finish for freshman sire Northern Meteor.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens