Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Average price was up 11% on the first day of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 2, with trading led by a Northern Meteor colt for $450,000 ($400,542 in United States funds).
A colt by elite dual hemisphere sire More Than Ready sold for the highest price of $600,000 ($539,460 in United States funds) on the fourth day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 11 in Queensland.
Polanski strongly rallied from midpack and bounded away to a three-length triumph in the AAMI Victoria Derby (Aus-I) Nov. 2 at Flemington.
Zoustar got up the closing stages to win the lucrative Golden Rose Stakes (Aus-I) at Rosehill Gardens Sept. 14 in Sydney, while rising star Atlantic Jewel kept her unbeaten record intact at Moonee Valley near Melbourne.
Northern Meteor, leading first-crop sire in Australia, died suddenly July 30 from a "swift and fatal attack of colic," according to a release from Widden Stud.
Romantic Touch took control out of the gate and won the Aus$500,000 Patinack Farm J. J. Atkins (Aus-I) from previously undefeated Zoustar, leading a one-two finish for freshman sire Northern Meteor.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident