Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Average price was up 11% on the first day of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 2, with trading led by a Northern Meteor colt for $450,000 ($400,542 in United States funds).
A colt by elite dual hemisphere sire More Than Ready sold for the highest price of $600,000 ($539,460 in United States funds) on the fourth day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 11 in Queensland.
Polanski strongly rallied from midpack and bounded away to a three-length triumph in the AAMI Victoria Derby (Aus-I) Nov. 2 at Flemington.
Zoustar got up the closing stages to win the lucrative Golden Rose Stakes (Aus-I) at Rosehill Gardens Sept. 14 in Sydney, while rising star Atlantic Jewel kept her unbeaten record intact at Moonee Valley near Melbourne.
Northern Meteor, leading first-crop sire in Australia, died suddenly July 30 from a "swift and fatal attack of colic," according to a release from Widden Stud.
Romantic Touch took control out of the gate and won the Aus$500,000 Patinack Farm J. J. Atkins (Aus-I) from previously undefeated Zoustar, leading a one-two finish for freshman sire Northern Meteor.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Derby Contender Tapiture Breezes at Churchill
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy