The Jockey Club Tour on FOX will showcase its last races of the year, the Ricoh Woodbine Mile and the Northern Dancer Turf (both gr. IT), Sept. 14 from Toronto's Woodbine.
British invader Wigmore Hall, guided patiently by jockey Jamie Spencer through an opening along the inside, went on to win the Northern Dancer Turf Presented by Vtech (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf Sept. 18.
California shipper Bourbon Bay and European invader Wigmore Hall are among eight older horses entered in a wide-open edition of the $500,000 Northern Dancer Turf presented by VTech (Can-IT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine.
Just as Well was awarded victory in the Northern Dancer Turf (Can-IT) at Woodbine Sept. 20 when the winner, Marsh Side, was disqualified for interference in the stretch.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Champs Elysees is back to defend his title in the $750,000 Northern Dancer Turf Presented by Vtech (Can-IT), but will have to take down a deep field of turf routers Sept. 20 at Woodbine, including Melynk Racing Stables' Marchfield, who defeated the 6-year-old horse last month over the same course.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective