British invader Wigmore Hall, guided patiently by jockey Jamie Spencer through an opening along the inside, went on to win the Northern Dancer Turf Presented by Vtech (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf Sept. 18.
California shipper Bourbon Bay and European invader Wigmore Hall are among eight older horses entered in a wide-open edition of the $500,000 Northern Dancer Turf presented by VTech (Can-IT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine.
Just as Well was awarded victory in the Northern Dancer Turf (Can-IT) at Woodbine Sept. 20 when the winner, Marsh Side, was disqualified for interference in the stretch.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Champs Elysees is back to defend his title in the $750,000 Northern Dancer Turf Presented by Vtech (Can-IT), but will have to take down a deep field of turf routers Sept. 20 at Woodbine, including Melynk Racing Stables' Marchfield, who defeated the 6-year-old horse last month over the same course.
Most Popular Stories
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases