The Jockey Club Tour on FOX will showcase its last races of the year, the Ricoh Woodbine Mile and the Northern Dancer Turf (both gr. IT), Sept. 14 from Toronto's Woodbine.
British invader Wigmore Hall, guided patiently by jockey Jamie Spencer through an opening along the inside, went on to win the Northern Dancer Turf Presented by Vtech (Can-IT) on the Woodbine turf Sept. 18.
California shipper Bourbon Bay and European invader Wigmore Hall are among eight older horses entered in a wide-open edition of the $500,000 Northern Dancer Turf presented by VTech (Can-IT) Sept. 18 at Woodbine.
Just as Well was awarded victory in the Northern Dancer Turf (Can-IT) at Woodbine Sept. 20 when the winner, Marsh Side, was disqualified for interference in the stretch.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Champs Elysees is back to defend his title in the $750,000 Northern Dancer Turf Presented by Vtech (Can-IT), but will have to take down a deep field of turf routers Sept. 20 at Woodbine, including Melynk Racing Stables' Marchfield, who defeated the 6-year-old horse last month over the same course.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark