After a pair of starts against males in graded stakes, Canadian classic winner Irish Mission is entered to face other top turf females in the $500,000 E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) Oct. 27 on the Woodbine turf.
After knocking on the door in four stakes starts since her arrival from her native France, Minakshi secured the first stakes victory of her career Sept. 15 in the $295,952 Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine.
Lawrence Goichman was hoping for a storybook ending for his homebred mare J'ray. A win in the $150,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) would not only give the 5-year-old a victory in her final start, but would push her over $1 million in career earnings. Herboriste had other plans.
Herboriste never let favored Palmilla get away from her and eventually wore her rival down in the stretch to win the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes by 1 1/2 lengths at Keeneland Oct. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet