Northern Baby, a 31-year-old son of Northern Dancer, was euthanized on Wednesday at Stone Farm.
Northern Baby, a 25-year-old son of Northern Dancer and sire of 40 stakes winners, has been pensioned at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm near Paris, Ky. Northern Baby first stood in Europe before being moved to Stone for the 1982 breeding season. Northern Baby, who covered 22 mares in each of the past two breeding seasons, sired the earners of $22 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Thomas Enjoying Versatile Bridlewood Role
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight