Northern Baby, a 31-year-old son of Northern Dancer, was euthanized on Wednesday at Stone Farm.
Northern Baby, a 25-year-old son of Northern Dancer and sire of 40 stakes winners, has been pensioned at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm near Paris, Ky. Northern Baby first stood in Europe before being moved to Stone for the 1982 breeding season. Northern Baby, who covered 22 mares in each of the past two breeding seasons, sired the earners of $22 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA