Northern Baby, a 31-year-old son of Northern Dancer, was euthanized on Wednesday at Stone Farm.
Northern Baby, a 25-year-old son of Northern Dancer and sire of 40 stakes winners, has been pensioned at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm near Paris, Ky. Northern Baby first stood in Europe before being moved to Stone for the 1982 breeding season. Northern Baby, who covered 22 mares in each of the past two breeding seasons, sired the earners of $22 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Record Prize Money Expected for NHC, NHC Tour
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board