Northern Baby, a 31-year-old son of Northern Dancer, was euthanized on Wednesday at Stone Farm.
Northern Baby, a 25-year-old son of Northern Dancer and sire of 40 stakes winners, has been pensioned at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm near Paris, Ky. Northern Baby first stood in Europe before being moved to Stone for the 1982 breeding season. Northern Baby, who covered 22 mares in each of the past two breeding seasons, sired the earners of $22 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Pennsylvania Breeder Awards Remain On Hold