Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact, who finished third in this year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) in front of a cheering throng of Japanese supporters, will enter stud at the Yoshida family's Shadai Stallion Station for the highest syndication price ever for a Japanese stallion.
Cesario, whose victory in the 2005 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) was the first in a grade I test for a Japanese-bred runner in the United States, has been retired because of an inflamed ligament in her right front leg.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again