Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact, who finished third in this year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) in front of a cheering throng of Japanese supporters, will enter stud at the Yoshida family's Shadai Stallion Station for the highest syndication price ever for a Japanese stallion.
Cesario, whose victory in the 2005 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) was the first in a grade I test for a Japanese-bred runner in the United States, has been retired because of an inflamed ligament in her right front leg.
Most Popular Stories
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm