Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact, who finished third in this year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) in front of a cheering throng of Japanese supporters, will enter stud at the Yoshida family's Shadai Stallion Station for the highest syndication price ever for a Japanese stallion.
Cesario, whose victory in the 2005 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) was the first in a grade I test for a Japanese-bred runner in the United States, has been retired because of an inflamed ligament in her right front leg.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension