Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact, who finished third in this year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) in front of a cheering throng of Japanese supporters, will enter stud at the Yoshida family's Shadai Stallion Station for the highest syndication price ever for a Japanese stallion.
Cesario, whose victory in the 2005 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) was the first in a grade I test for a Japanese-bred runner in the United States, has been retired because of an inflamed ligament in her right front leg.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap