Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact, who finished third in this year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) in front of a cheering throng of Japanese supporters, will enter stud at the Yoshida family's Shadai Stallion Station for the highest syndication price ever for a Japanese stallion.
Cesario, whose victory in the 2005 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) was the first in a grade I test for a Japanese-bred runner in the United States, has been retired because of an inflamed ligament in her right front leg.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Breeding Fund Changes Approved by PA House
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom