Zippy Chippy, the popular 13-year-old maiden who has failed to earn a victory in 98 career starts, will give it another shot when he makes his 2004 debut Sept. 4 at the Three-County Fair in Northampton, Mass.
Zippy Chippy extended his winless streak in official races to 90 Sunday, when the 10-year-old gelding finished fifth in a five-furlong maiden special weight race at Northampton Fair.
Another dawdling start for winless 9-year-old gelding Zippy Chippy allowed minor league baseball player Jose Herrera to win their 40-yard match race by approximately three (horse) lengths prior to the International League's Rochester (N.Y.) Red Wings Thursday night home game against the Scranton/Wilkes Barre Red Baron's.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park