Zippy Chippy, the popular 13-year-old maiden who has failed to earn a victory in 98 career starts, will give it another shot when he makes his 2004 debut Sept. 4 at the Three-County Fair in Northampton, Mass.
Zippy Chippy extended his winless streak in official races to 90 Sunday, when the 10-year-old gelding finished fifth in a five-furlong maiden special weight race at Northampton Fair.
Another dawdling start for winless 9-year-old gelding Zippy Chippy allowed minor league baseball player Jose Herrera to win their 40-yard match race by approximately three (horse) lengths prior to the International League's Rochester (N.Y.) Red Wings Thursday night home game against the Scranton/Wilkes Barre Red Baron's.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely