Horses could be returning to the starting gate in Fargo, North Dakota after a two-year shutdown to pay bills.
The North Dakota Racing Commission announced significant interest by account wagering companies since the enactment of House Bill 1551 into law July 1. The new tax law significantly reduces the state tax levied on account wagering and removes the 4% tax assessment on the first 11 millions wagered.
The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said it will not review its decision to overturn the case against Susan Bala, the founder of Racing Services Inc. who was convicted in 2005 of illegal gambling.
A federal appeals court has overturned the conviction of Susan Bala, who was sentenced to prison in 2005 in connection with charges related to operation of her Racing Services Inc. simulcast company in North Dakota.
A racetrack is part of the plan for the North Dakota Horse Park, a multi-purpose facility tied to the North Dakota State University's equine studies program.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees