Paraneck Stable's Pink Viper held off 6-5 favorite Johannesburg Star to win the 32nd running of the $70,865 Count Fleet for 3-year-olds at a mile and 70 yards on the Aqueduct inner dirt track on a record 70-degree day Saturday.
Phipps Stables' homebred Happy Hunting won his first stakes try Saturday as the favorite against a group of veteran campaigners in the $110,000 Aqueduct Handicap (gr. III).
Streaking Bank Audit got past Sensibly Chic in the final stride to win the $150,000 Genuine Risk Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares by a nose Saturday at Belmont Park.
Scrappy T, a distant third behind Bellamy Road in the Wood Memorial (gr. I) three weeks ago, found Saturday's $150,000 Withers (gr. III) more to his liking. The Fit to Fight gelding seized the lead from War Plan at the quarter pole and outlasted Park Avenue Ball for a one-length victory at foggy Aqueduct Park Saturday.
A muddy track and a blistering pace helped Our Sugar Bear Stable's Travelator to a head victory over Sensibly Chic in the $80,900 Garland of Roses Handicap for fillies and mares at six furlongs Saturday at Aqueduct.
Puglisi Stable's Private Lap notched an easy gate-to-wire victory in the $100,000 Sussex Handicap at Delaware Park Saturday.
Racing luck played a big part in Ole Faunty's victory in the $150,000 John B. Campbell Breeders' Cup Handicap Saturday at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Face Off at Longchamp
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars