A Republican-dominated state panel overseeing Thoroughbred racing in New York has curbed the ability of its new chairman to broker deals with the New York Racing Association. The chairman was appointed by Democrat Gov. Eliot Spitzer. The move came the same day Spitzer released his 2008 state budget plan, which includes revenue from a proposed casino at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite