Lively trade drove increases in aggregate, average, and median on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
The introduction of shuttlers and the vast improvement in the breeding industry in New Zealand over the past 10 years are starting to pay big dividends for the Kiwis now. This was showcased on a heavy turf track at Royal Randwick in Sydney April 26, when two Kiwi-bred and -trained horses ran first and second in the Aus$1.8 million (U.S $1.7 million) group I David Jones AJC Australian Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule