Lively trade drove increases in aggregate, average, and median on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
The introduction of shuttlers and the vast improvement in the breeding industry in New Zealand over the past 10 years are starting to pay big dividends for the Kiwis now. This was showcased on a heavy turf track at Royal Randwick in Sydney April 26, when two Kiwi-bred and -trained horses ran first and second in the Aus$1.8 million (U.S $1.7 million) group I David Jones AJC Australian Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely