Lively trade drove increases in aggregate, average, and median on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
The introduction of shuttlers and the vast improvement in the breeding industry in New Zealand over the past 10 years are starting to pay big dividends for the Kiwis now. This was showcased on a heavy turf track at Royal Randwick in Sydney April 26, when two Kiwi-bred and -trained horses ran first and second in the Aus$1.8 million (U.S $1.7 million) group I David Jones AJC Australian Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- RTCA Seeking Nominees for White Horse Award