Lively trade drove increases in aggregate, average, and median on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
The introduction of shuttlers and the vast improvement in the breeding industry in New Zealand over the past 10 years are starting to pay big dividends for the Kiwis now. This was showcased on a heavy turf track at Royal Randwick in Sydney April 26, when two Kiwi-bred and -trained horses ran first and second in the Aus$1.8 million (U.S $1.7 million) group I David Jones AJC Australian Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate