Three-time Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Lava Man, recently reunited with his favorite groom, Noe Garcia, seems back to being his old self, trainer Doug O'Neill says. The 7-year-old is due to return to competition April 27 at Hollywood Park.
Lava Man is back at the Doug O'Neill barn at Hollywood Park to prepare for a 2008 campaign.
Lava Man DVDs are on sale at Hollywood Park for $10, with all proceeds going to the family of groom Noe Garcia, who had his left arm severed in a car accident in August.
- By Claire Novak
Navy Aircraft Mechanic first class Johnny Arrendondo Ponce became the first non-track worker to win the Race Track Chaplaincy of America's White Horse Award when it was presented Oct. 25 at the Taylor Made Stallions' White Horse Heroes Luncheon at Monmouth Park.
The drunken driver who caused a crash that severed the arm of a groom for Lava Man, the richest claiming horse in Thoroughbred racing history, was sentenced Oct. 4 to five years in state prison.
A poker tournament will be held at the Del Mar Hilton Aug. 16 to benefit Noe Garcia, the groom for Lava Man who was seriously injured in an automobile collision July 23 near the racetrack.
Noe Garcia, longtime groom to Lava Man who lost his left arm in a serious automobile accident in the early morning hours July 23, is making progress at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance