Ken McPeek and Bob Baffert have a pair of showdowns to look forward to this weekend at Hollywood Park, including the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I).
Lookin at Lucky and Noble's Promise, two of the leading sophomores in the nation, will meet again in a highly-anticipated edition of the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I) Dec. 19 at Hollywood Park
Trainer Ken McPeek has left his six Breeders' Cup World Championships weekend starters behind for the time being to race during the upcoming Hollywood Park fall meet, he said Nov. 12.
Longshot Vale of York, a son of Invincible Spirit owned by Godolphin Racing, grabbed the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) right at the wire. The Irish-bred out-gunned favorite Lookin At Lucky.
Undefeated Lookin At Lucky drew the outside post 13 but was made the 8-5 morning-line favorite for the $2-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 7 at Santa Anita Park.
The presence of the most accomplished United States-based colts thus far and a strong contingent from Europe should spell value for those who wager on the Nov. 7 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Trainer Ken McPeek said Oct. 16 that he plans to send his Breeders' Cup juvenile quartet to Santa Anita on Oct. 19.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
That this is an exceptional crop of second-year sires is not exactly news any more. Still, the point was hammered home again October 10 when two second-season horses were represented by grade I winners.
Noble's Promise took over on the second turn, opened up a commanding lead in the stretch, and held off Aikenite by a half-length to pull a 12-1 upset in the $500,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster