The filly Dixie Strike, closing from well out on the track, edged past Colleen's Sailor just past the furlong pole to capture the $493,153 Prince of Wales Stakes July 15 in what could be the race's final renewal at Fort Erie.
Favored Dixie Strike, a half sister to 2011 Woodbine Oaks and Queen's Plate champion Inglorious, romped to a 5 1/2-length win in the $148,720 Ontario Lassie Stakes at Woodbine Dec. 3.
Inglorious' pedigree is rich with solid female strains, surely a good omen for her own career as a broodmare. But that is for the future -- her present is as the undisputed queen of Candian racing.
Inglorious became the first filly to win the $1 million Queen's Plate since 2001 with a spectacular performance for jockey Luis Contreras, sweeping past her rivals impressively for a 2 1/2-length victory June 26.
Favored Inglorious came from off the pace for a patient Luis Contreras and overtook pacesetter Spooky Kitten in the final yards to capture the $511,509 Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser at the Canadian track June 5.
Unbeaten Inglorious showed she's for real after sweeping past her rivals for a 5 3/4-length romp as the 6-5 favorite in the $151,101 Ontario Lassie Stakes on a 27-degree afternoon at Woodbine Dec. 4.
First-time starter Inglorious balked at the start but rallied from last nonetheless to capture the $146,039 Fanfreluche Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces