Just 40 minutes after breaking a soul-zapping run of group I seconds, jockey Damien Oliver made it two group I wins in a row with a score in the Syndey Cup.
Just 40 minutes after breaking a soul-zapping run of group I second placings, Damien Oliver made it two group I wins in a row when he magnificently steered the vastly improved, Sydney based stayer No Wine No Song to victory in the time-honored group I $600,000 Sydney Cup over two miles at Royal Randwick May 3.
Gallic, a horse that has fought enough injuries to fell half of a Kentucky Derby field, won the AUS$800,000 Sydney Cup on the final day of Randwick's fall meeting April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Lists Start Times, Bet Options
- Goldencents Seeks Second Dirt Mile Victory
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- Artemis Agrotera Among 11 in F&M Sprint
- Strong Foreign Invasion for Juvenile Turf
- Close Hatches, Untapable Take Aim at Distaff
- Juvenile Fillies Turf Pre-Entries Strong
- BC Juvenile Fillies Has Wide-Open Look
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?