Suggestive Boy, who went to the sidelines with a splint injury last spring, returns from an 11-month absence to defend his title in the $200,000 Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 1 at Santa Anita Park.
Keith Brackpool's Gervinho, winless since the 2013 Del Mar meet, got back in the win column with a strong off-the pace victory in the $201,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Dec. 26.
Grade II winner No Jet Lag makes his first start since he was well beaten by Wise Dan in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) when he takes on nine opponents in the $200,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
The Oct. 5 City of Hope Stakes was meant as a trial run for No Jet Lag to see if he belonged in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT). He aced that test when he finished in 1:31.84, just off the record set last year by Wise Dan.
Horse of the Year Wise Dan will launch a title defense in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) from post 8 in a field of 10 off his only loss of 2013. Among his challengers is the horse who beat him, Silver Max.
Ten Breeders' Cup runners slated for the turf events, led by Obviously (IRE), worked on the grass at Santa Anita Park Oct. 26.
Making his second start in the U.S., No Jet Lag unleashed a strong turn of foot for a major upset in the Oct. 5 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park as 1-2 favorite Obviously gave up the lead to finish fourth.
Obviously (IRE) looms a standout against eight rivals in the $150,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf as he goes for his fourth consecutive graded stakes triumph Oct. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year