The gelded son of Unusual Heat wins his first graded stakes for trainer James Cassidy.
Glen Hill Farm's No Inflation, a romping winner last out in the Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT), was installed as the lukewarm 3-1 favorite in the $200,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) Oct. 10.
No Inflation notched the first added-money victory of his career when he scored by 6 1/4 lengths in the $250,000 Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 5 at Delaware Park. Ridden by Rosemary Homesister Jr., the Repriced gelding grabbed the lead soon after the start and, while being stalked by Dr Large, set fractions of :24.29 for the first quarter mile and :48.35 for the half. No Inflation started pulling away in the turn for home and never was challenged as he approached the wire.
After trainer Alan Goldberg watched the results of the Secretariat (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds at Arlington Park last weekend, he knew he'd made the right decision to skip the race in Chicago with Richard Santulli's Straight Story.
Last at the sixteenth pole, Reb unleashed a furious drive under jockey Julien Leparoux to nail No Inflation at the wire to win Arlington Park's $300,000 American Derby by a head in his stakes debut July 11.
The Japanese-bred Florentino led all the way to hold off favored El Crespo for his first graded stakes victory in the $163,500 Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) on the Churchill Downs turf course June 13.
WinStar Farm's Advice, most recently 13th in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), makes his turf debut against seven 3-year-old rivals in the $150,000 Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) June 13 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap