A daughter of No Excuse Needed and a son of Dubawi were the standouts Feb. 2 during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka.
Bloodstock agent Michael Steaman was the buyer of a No Excuse Needed colt that set a Select Section record of NZ$230,000 during the New Zealand Bloodstock National Yearling Sale series.
Aidan O'Brien took no chances on Thursday and declared both of his superstars, Hawk Wing and High Chaparral, for the Ireland The Food Island Champion Stakes.
Two U.S. horses and one European runner being pointed toward Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Racing Championships have defected for different reasons.
Noverre, Godolphin Racing's talented homebred son of Rahy, rallied under Frankie Dettori to catch leader No Excuse Needed and post his first group I victory in the Champagne Lanson Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood, England on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales