A daughter of No Excuse Needed and a son of Dubawi were the standouts Feb. 2 during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka.
Bloodstock agent Michael Steaman was the buyer of a No Excuse Needed colt that set a Select Section record of NZ$230,000 during the New Zealand Bloodstock National Yearling Sale series.
Aidan O'Brien took no chances on Thursday and declared both of his superstars, Hawk Wing and High Chaparral, for the Ireland The Food Island Champion Stakes.
Two U.S. horses and one European runner being pointed toward Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Racing Championships have defected for different reasons.
Noverre, Godolphin Racing's talented homebred son of Rahy, rallied under Frankie Dettori to catch leader No Excuse Needed and post his first group I victory in the Champagne Lanson Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood, England on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Winners Named in TCA Youth Essay Contest
- How to Manage a Collapsed Foal
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing