A daughter of No Excuse Needed and a son of Dubawi were the standouts Feb. 2 during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka.
Bloodstock agent Michael Steaman was the buyer of a No Excuse Needed colt that set a Select Section record of NZ$230,000 during the New Zealand Bloodstock National Yearling Sale series.
Aidan O'Brien took no chances on Thursday and declared both of his superstars, Hawk Wing and High Chaparral, for the Ireland The Food Island Champion Stakes.
Two U.S. horses and one European runner being pointed toward Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Racing Championships have defected for different reasons.
Noverre, Godolphin Racing's talented homebred son of Rahy, rallied under Frankie Dettori to catch leader No Excuse Needed and post his first group I victory in the Champagne Lanson Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood, England on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- Grade I Winner La Tia Retired
- American Trainers Approve Meydan Move to Dirt
- Casners Aim to Add Chapter to Dubai Success
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 24
- The One That Got Away
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking