New Zealand sire No Excuse Needed was fatally injured in a paddock accident Sept. 25, Wakaito Stud announced. He was 17.
A daughter of No Excuse Needed and a son of Dubawi were the standouts Feb. 2 during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka.
Bloodstock agent Michael Steaman was the buyer of a No Excuse Needed colt that set a Select Section record of NZ$230,000 during the New Zealand Bloodstock National Yearling Sale series.
Aidan O'Brien took no chances on Thursday and declared both of his superstars, Hawk Wing and High Chaparral, for the Ireland The Food Island Champion Stakes.
Two U.S. horses and one European runner being pointed toward Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Racing Championships have defected for different reasons.
Noverre, Godolphin Racing's talented homebred son of Rahy, rallied under Frankie Dettori to catch leader No Excuse Needed and post his first group I victory in the Champagne Lanson Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood, England on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017