A daughter of No Excuse Needed and a son of Dubawi were the standouts Feb. 2 during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka.
Bloodstock agent Michael Steaman was the buyer of a No Excuse Needed colt that set a Select Section record of NZ$230,000 during the New Zealand Bloodstock National Yearling Sale series.
Aidan O'Brien took no chances on Thursday and declared both of his superstars, Hawk Wing and High Chaparral, for the Ireland The Food Island Champion Stakes.
Two U.S. horses and one European runner being pointed toward Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Racing Championships have defected for different reasons.
Noverre, Godolphin Racing's talented homebred son of Rahy, rallied under Frankie Dettori to catch leader No Excuse Needed and post his first group I victory in the Champagne Lanson Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood, England on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon