The New Mexico Racing Commission denied a settlement proposal from an attorney representing trainer Steve Asmussen, who is battling a six-month suspension after one of his horses tested positive for a prohibited Class 3 drug in March.
Steve Asmussen, North America's leading trainer in 2004 and 2005, has decided not to seek legal recourse over a six-month suspension that was upheld by the Louisiana Racing Commission. He is to serve the ban for a medication infraction from July 10, 2006 to Jan. 10, 2007.
Steve Asmussen, North America's leading trainer in 2004 and 2005, is facing a six month suspension for a medication infraction involving the Class 2 drug mepivicaine, a local anesthetic.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate