The New Mexico Racing Commission denied a settlement proposal from an attorney representing trainer Steve Asmussen, who is battling a six-month suspension after one of his horses tested positive for a prohibited Class 3 drug in March.
Steve Asmussen, North America's leading trainer in 2004 and 2005, has decided not to seek legal recourse over a six-month suspension that was upheld by the Louisiana Racing Commission. He is to serve the ban for a medication infraction from July 10, 2006 to Jan. 10, 2007.
Steve Asmussen, North America's leading trainer in 2004 and 2005, is facing a six month suspension for a medication infraction involving the Class 2 drug mepivicaine, a local anesthetic.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91