The New Mexico Racing Commission denied a settlement proposal from an attorney representing trainer Steve Asmussen, who is battling a six-month suspension after one of his horses tested positive for a prohibited Class 3 drug in March.
Steve Asmussen, North America's leading trainer in 2004 and 2005, has decided not to seek legal recourse over a six-month suspension that was upheld by the Louisiana Racing Commission. He is to serve the ban for a medication infraction from July 10, 2006 to Jan. 10, 2007.
Steve Asmussen, North America's leading trainer in 2004 and 2005, is facing a six month suspension for a medication infraction involving the Class 2 drug mepivicaine, a local anesthetic.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Kentucky Downs Plans KTDF Purse Increase
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- ABR Releases Episode 4 of TC Video Series