Officials at Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J., announced that live racing has been canceled for the afternoon of Tuesday, Oct. 25.
Eclipse Award candidates Hirapour, McDynamo and Preemptive
Strike lead a group of eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Oct. 12.
Stronach Stables' top-weighted Ghostzapper will face a field of six competitors in Saturday's $200,000 Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
Last year's Steeplechase Eclipse Award winner All Gong takes on eight opponents in the $250,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) to be run Saturday at the Far Hills Races in Far Hills, N.J.
Legislation introduced in the Delaware House of Representatives this month would allow "qualified entertainment venues" to have video lottery terminals, revenue from which would be used for community redevelopment. Currently, only the state's three racetracks are permitted to have VLTs and slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Xpressbet to Sponsor 2015 Preakness Stakes
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks