Officials at Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J., announced that live racing has been canceled for the afternoon of Tuesday, Oct. 25.
Eclipse Award candidates Hirapour, McDynamo and Preemptive
Strike lead a group of eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Oct. 12.
Stronach Stables' top-weighted Ghostzapper will face a field of six competitors in Saturday's $200,000 Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
Last year's Steeplechase Eclipse Award winner All Gong takes on eight opponents in the $250,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) to be run Saturday at the Far Hills Races in Far Hills, N.J.
Legislation introduced in the Delaware House of Representatives this month would allow "qualified entertainment venues" to have video lottery terminals, revenue from which would be used for community redevelopment. Currently, only the state's three racetracks are permitted to have VLTs and slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Chris' Brew, Galina Point Top Woodbine Stakes
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go