Officials at Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J., announced that live racing has been canceled for the afternoon of Tuesday, Oct. 25.
Eclipse Award candidates Hirapour, McDynamo and Preemptive
Strike lead a group of eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Oct. 12.
Stronach Stables' top-weighted Ghostzapper will face a field of six competitors in Saturday's $200,000 Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
Last year's Steeplechase Eclipse Award winner All Gong takes on eight opponents in the $250,000 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) to be run Saturday at the Far Hills Races in Far Hills, N.J.
Legislation introduced in the Delaware House of Representatives this month would allow "qualified entertainment venues" to have video lottery terminals, revenue from which would be used for community redevelopment. Currently, only the state's three racetracks are permitted to have VLTs and slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY