David Egan's homebred Mekong Melody stayed perfect in three tries at the marathon distance of 12 furlongs as she sprinted away in the stretch to score convincingly in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 13.
Mekong Melody, making his first start since last September, held off closing favorite Ave by a nose to give trainer Roger Attfield the first two finishers in the $284,809 Dance Smartly Stakes (gr. IIT) at Woodbine July 18.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture