David Egan's homebred Mekong Melody stayed perfect in three tries at the marathon distance of 12 furlongs as she sprinted away in the stretch to score convincingly in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 13.
Mekong Melody, making his first start since last September, held off closing favorite Ave by a nose to give trainer Roger Attfield the first two finishers in the $284,809 Dance Smartly Stakes (gr. IIT) at Woodbine July 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'