David Egan's homebred Mekong Melody stayed perfect in three tries at the marathon distance of 12 furlongs as she sprinted away in the stretch to score convincingly in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 13.
Mekong Melody, making his first start since last September, held off closing favorite Ave by a nose to give trainer Roger Attfield the first two finishers in the $284,809 Dance Smartly Stakes (gr. IIT) at Woodbine July 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Churchill Downs, Cancer Institute Announce Partnership
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale