Graded stakes-winning sprinter Puxa Saco heads a field of eight fillies and mares set to go 6 1/2 furlongs Friday in the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III).
Sharp Lisa, a strong second in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) last month, is the clear standout in Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
Sweet Catomine, who broke her maiden with a come-from-behind win in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I), figures to be the horse to beat in Saturday's $200,000 Oak Leaf (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park's Oak Tree meeting.
With Sorrento (gr. III) winner Inspiring sidelined, nine 2-year-old fillies led by dual stakes winner Souvenir Gift will go postward Saturday for the $250,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) at seven furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Compound Pharmacy Reinforces Safety Standards