Graded stakes-winning sprinter Puxa Saco heads a field of eight fillies and mares set to go 6 1/2 furlongs Friday in the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III).
Sharp Lisa, a strong second in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) last month, is the clear standout in Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
Sweet Catomine, who broke her maiden with a come-from-behind win in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I), figures to be the horse to beat in Saturday's $200,000 Oak Leaf (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park's Oak Tree meeting.
With Sorrento (gr. III) winner Inspiring sidelined, nine 2-year-old fillies led by dual stakes winner Souvenir Gift will go postward Saturday for the $250,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) at seven furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017