Proving that Zenyatta is far from forgotten, many of her fans arrived at Santa Anita early Sept. 29 in order to see her statue unveiled at noon, an hour before the first race.
Zenyatta, winner of the 2009 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and Horse of the Year in 2010, will be remembered for all-time by Santa Anita Park when the track unveils a life-sized statue of the great mare Sept. 29.
Crowd of 35,292 takes in two grade I races; Breeders' Cup Classic winner paraded and John Henry statue unveiled.
A life-sized bronze statue of the legendary John Henry will be unveiled by his Hall of Fame trainer Ron McAnally at Santa Anita Park's picturesque paddock gardens Dec. 26, opening day of the track's 75th anniversary meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill