Proving that Zenyatta is far from forgotten, many of her fans arrived at Santa Anita early Sept. 29 in order to see her statue unveiled at noon, an hour before the first race.
Zenyatta, winner of the 2009 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and Horse of the Year in 2010, will be remembered for all-time by Santa Anita Park when the track unveils a life-sized statue of the great mare Sept. 29.
Crowd of 35,292 takes in two grade I races; Breeders' Cup Classic winner paraded and John Henry statue unveiled.
A life-sized bronze statue of the legendary John Henry will be unveiled by his Hall of Fame trainer Ron McAnally at Santa Anita Park's picturesque paddock gardens Dec. 26, opening day of the track's 75th anniversary meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Ramseys, Brown, Castellano Top Penn Standings
- Slideshow: Kelso: 5 Time HOY 50th Anniversary
- Lemon Drop Kid and Bill Farish
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California