Proving that Zenyatta is far from forgotten, many of her fans arrived at Santa Anita early Sept. 29 in order to see her statue unveiled at noon, an hour before the first race.
Zenyatta, winner of the 2009 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and Horse of the Year in 2010, will be remembered for all-time by Santa Anita Park when the track unveils a life-sized statue of the great mare Sept. 29.
Crowd of 35,292 takes in two grade I races; Breeders' Cup Classic winner paraded and John Henry statue unveiled.
A life-sized bronze statue of the legendary John Henry will be unveiled by his Hall of Fame trainer Ron McAnally at Santa Anita Park's picturesque paddock gardens Dec. 26, opening day of the track's 75th anniversary meet.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Mubtaahij Races For 'Other' Sheikh in Belmont
- Tonalist Looks to Continue Met Mile Trend
- Champion Escena Dead at Age 22 in Kentucky
- NBC, NYRA Extend Belmont Stakes Contract
- McCauley Appointed to TCA Board of Directors
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- Mitchell to Retire from Juddmonte Farms