Proving that Zenyatta is far from forgotten, many of her fans arrived at Santa Anita early Sept. 29 in order to see her statue unveiled at noon, an hour before the first race.
Zenyatta, winner of the 2009 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and Horse of the Year in 2010, will be remembered for all-time by Santa Anita Park when the track unveils a life-sized statue of the great mare Sept. 29.
Crowd of 35,292 takes in two grade I races; Breeders' Cup Classic winner paraded and John Henry statue unveiled.
A life-sized bronze statue of the legendary John Henry will be unveiled by his Hall of Fame trainer Ron McAnally at Santa Anita Park's picturesque paddock gardens Dec. 26, opening day of the track's 75th anniversary meet.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies
- Owner/Breeder Lindh Dies at 84
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014